Tuesday 19 April 2011

Music choice

I've been looking back over my blog posts and I realised that i haven't yet justified our use on music in our film opening. Basically, we were stumped over what to use after the company had told us we couldn't use the 'cool shades' track without paying a lot of money. Then, while flicking through the tracks on my Ipod I remembered a track called 'Fell In Love With A Girl' by The White Stripes, which has a very upbeat sound and has lots of points where the music stops. I knew we couldn't use the actual song, and actually we wouldn't have wanted the original version because the lyrics might have distracted from the actual movie, so we found an instrumental cover done by an unsigned artist on YouTube. We put this onto Garageband and cut it in places so that it would fit with the film, and voila! We were really happy with the way the soundtrack turned out, and how well it fits with the upbeat nature of the film.

1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT MY BLOG!!

    You're now in charge of getting you and Andrea organised, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete